CAN AM MAVERICK X3 AIR/OIL SEPARATOR “CATCH CAN” Evolution Powersports
- Simple, easy installation
- Billet aluminum, powder coated black with stainless hardware
- Designed for the Can Am X3
- Reuses OEM crankcase vent hose
- Prevents oil and moisture from contaminating the turbo compressor, charge tubes and intercooler
- Prevents oil from lowering the effective octane of the incoming air/fuel mixture
- Cleanable filter element and prefilter included
- Thumbscrew drain for easy periodic draining.
What is an air/oil separator or “catch can” and why do you need one? The factory recirculates crankcase air back into the intake. This air contains oil, moisture and other combustion byproducts which contaminates the air that is being fed to the turbocharger. The oil and water infused air coats the turbocharger compressor blades, charge tubes, intercooler and intake valves. It can also change the air/fuel ratio and lower the effective octane of the mixture being introduced into the cylinder. Oil has a very low knock threshold, therefore the more oil contained in the incoming air, the lower the effective knock protection of whatever fuel is being used.
The EVP Air/Oil Separator or “Catch Can” is designed specifically for the Can Am X3 and eliminates the issues described above. Our CNC machined billet aluminum separator mounts to the frame rail above the clutch housing. The OEM crankcase vent hose is simply rerouted to the new location. The EVP separator has a cleanable filter element, pre filter and features a port at the bottom for periodic emptying of the contaminants. A silicone cap is supplied to block off the port on the intake boot where the OEM breather hose is connected. All hardware is stainless steel and the body of the separator is powder coated black.